I decided to briefly update you about what is going on in my life. I finally finished my Master's degree so now I am able to start my Fitness Nutrition studies. I am so excited to be a Fitness Nutrition Specialist! These studies are a continuation to my ACE Personal Trainer studies. Instead of exercise, I will focus on nutrition which is a topic I am so passionate about! I chose these studies because they are a part of ACE program. These days anyone can study and become a PT and there are a lot of courses available. However, initially when I was pondering about available PT courses I wanted to do a high quality course so I was recommended ACE by my friend in Malaysia. This course consisted several in-depth analyses, training sessions, multiple exams and case studies, intense study weekends and a big final exam. The final exam was like the matriculation examination in Finland. Quite tough to pass but I did it! Being allowed to call yourself ACE certified personal trainer you also need to constantly educate yourself. And that suits me 😃 Anyway, I am so motivated about my studies and have already acquired a lot of new nutrition information which I want to share with you 💗
Back to the topic at hand..
Here are eight tips for healthy eating:
- Eat lots of fruit and vegetables. Not just one fruit and vegetable a day. Eat these in EVERY meal. I don't mean you need to eat just dry salads. Make new combos. Make a delicious fruit platter. Try some of my recipes: Chick pea salad, healthy snack ideas, smoothie recipes, sweet potato soup or healthy vegan meal.
- Don't skip breakfast. Research show that people who regularly eat breakfast are less likely to be overweight.
- Choose healthier fats. Fats add flavour to food and help absorb some nutrients. Use healthier unsaturated fats, such as avocados, nuts and seeds. Eat more fish. Especially oily fish, such as salmon, mackerel, trout or herring. Remember that if you regularly eat a lot of fish, try to alter and choose a wide variety.
- Go for whole grains. Whole grains are higher in vitamins and minerals than refined grains. Switch traditional cheese into mashed avocado on sandwiches. I do this every morning. Freshly mashed avocado tastes so good on a toast!
- Use herbs and spices to flavour your food. Herbs have many health benefits, such as antibacterial properties, many are high in B-vitamins, some will help with digestion issues and have many antioxidants.
- Prepare more of your own meals. This way you will know all the ingredients in your food and you can make healthier choices. For instance opt for a healthier home-made salad dressing.
- Try not to think of certain foods as off-limits. If you ban certain foods, you will notice craving them even more. For example I love chocolate but I have replaced normal chocolate for raw chocolate. Here is my favourite raw chocolate recipe.
- Always have a plan. It is easy to follow a healthy diet if you have planned your meals before hand. Meal prepping really does make a big difference!
My favourite snack after work!
Fruit platter for my son.
All the best,
Thanks for telling us the tips for healthy eating. Always keep sharing more interesting tips.ReplyDelete
Thank you for your comments! I will 😊👌Delete