Here is a sneak peak about what I eat in a day. This is one of my typical weekend in terms of eating. This day didn't include any treats but I'll do a different what I eat -including these cravings. During work days, I'll either eat school lunch (if it is gluten-free) or I'll have my own lunch which is typically what I have prepared for my family the day before. I would like to eat salads for my lunch because I have noticed that it gives me good energy and a light feeling after eating it but I don't have time to prepare them in the mornings. As a result, I try to have a salad in the evenings and in the weekends as a lunch. See what I eat in a day to stay healthy:
- Oatmeal porridge with flax seeds, berries and home-made apple jam.
- Protein pancake * with home-made rhubarb jam and berries.
- A pot/ two big cups of Mate * tea.
- Salmon salad with spinach leaves, tomatoes, cucumber and pumpkin seeds.
- Avocado sauce: avocado, garlic, lemon, apple cider vinegar and tahini.
- Smoothie: protein powder, frozen banana, berries, kale, maca powder,green powder and water.
- Raw chocolate and few dates
- Sweet potato soup
- Gluten-free bread with butter and a boiled egg
- Clementine, carrots
- Ginger tea *
As you all know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day and you should always eat something. I am one of those people who is almost always hungry.. I mean when it's breakfast or lunch time, I am more than ready to eat! I have noticed that my body needs a lot of energy, especially in the mornings and afternoons so I always invest in my breakfast and lunch. On the contrary moving towards evening I will eat a bit less but always in a way that I am satisfied after my meal. If I am not, I don't have energy to train. I have read that it is good for your metabolism and health to eat like this: eating lighter at night/in the evening and heavier during the day. Read more here. This suits for me! Eating like this keeps my blood sugar steady and in the evenings after I have eaten a lot during the day, I settle with less food because I am not that hungry any more. Also, I don't crave "unhealthy" snacks.
To finish up this post, I would like to share with you one of my favourite recipes. It is super easy to prepare, healthy and you can vary vegetables. This one is also my son's favourite.
Sweet potato soup
2-3 sweet potatoes
1 can of (organic) coconut milk
1-2 organic vegetable stock cube
spices: garlic, black pepper
- Peel and slice the vegetables. Put them on a kettle. Add water and stocks.
- Let it boil for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Blend the vegetables in a blender. Remove some of the boiled water into a glass.
- Put the blended vegetables into the kettle and add the coconut milk and add also the water from the glass.
- Let it boil for another 4 minutes. Enjoy 💋
Let's keep it healthy,