Let's talk about meal prep and at the same time how to make healthier food choices when you have a busy week ahead. I cannot highlight enough how important it is to plan your meals ahead if you want to stick to eating healthy food. When we are busy, it is easy to resort to ’bad’ food choices. However, if you are proactive, there won’t be any problems. I have done this meal prepping for so long that it comes naturally to me. This means that during the weekends I automatically plan my next week's meals. I don't have to remind myself because I love to eat and plan what I get to indulge ☺ Also, it is important for me to fuel my body with the right kind of healthy food. So how do I meal prep? I plan my menu for the next week on Saturday or Sunday and then I do my grocery shopping. I want to do this on the weekend because then I have time to do a big grocery haul and during the week I don't have to worry about what to eat or worry about shopping any bigger groceries. This helps my time management in the following week: I just follow the plan. Sounds easy as it is.
Here are some meal prep suggestions:
- chicken/fish and vegetables in the oven
- a big kettle of vegetable soup (you can freeze it in a container so you will have meals ready to eat)
- steaks made from minced meat and steamed vegetables (carrots, broccoli, cauliflowers)
- fried rice with veggies
- over night oats
- casseroles (minced meat and macaroni on a tomato sauce)
- salads (recipe below)
- fish in a pan with veggies (cucumber, tomatoes, sweet peppers)
Chick Pea Salad
salad leaves (spinach, Romain salad)
apple cider vinegar
few garlic cloves
1. Rinse salad leaves.
2. Massage avocado and tahini to salad leaves. Add lemon juice and apple cider vinegar.
3. Add tomatoes, cucumber, pumpkin seeds, red onion, garlic and sweet peppers.
4. Heat the chick peas in the pan for 5 minutes. Add them to the salad. If you want it to be spicier add chili flakes.
Basically you can put into this salad whatever vegetables you can find in your fridge. You can also alternate chick peas over boiled egg or other protein you wish to use (kidney beans, fish, chicken).The dressing is the most important thing in this salad because it gives moisture and the taste to the salad. I personally don’t like dry salads.
Hope you enjoyed this,