Happy Valentine's Day! Because it is Valentine's Day I thought that I would give you different tip today. Or maybe it is not an actual tip rather than I'm giving you a different perspective in the way you could see and face your mornings.. First a simple question for you. Would you like to wake up every day excited and feeling like it is Christmas as you did when you were a child? I definitely do but let's be honest here.. First, I love to have a long night sleep which means sleeping as late as I want or until I am "ready" to wake up. Secondly, I have never been a morning person. In fact, as long as I can remember I have loved those mornings when I was able to sleep as long as I could. I remember how excited I felt when my maternity leave started and I was able to sleep as late as I wanted (of course my baby wasn't born yet). But things started to change when my son came into this world and boy it changed a lot! Suddenly I was forced to get up many times through the night and as my son's daily rhythm developed I was shocked to see that he was a truly early riser, like his father! He wanted to wake up at 5 am. Imagine at five!
However, as I recovered from my shock, I realized a few positive things in waking up super early in the morning:
- You get a lot of things done before most people are even awake!
- I was super productive. Before it was lunch time, I had made all my house chores.
- Because I woke up so early, I didn't have any difficulties in falling asleep in the evening.
- It felt good to rise with the sun.
- It just felt good to be an early bird and wake up at peace. In my opinion busy mornings are the worst. When you have enough time in the morning, you feel like you are constantly ahead of your time and not looking at the clock all the time and realizing it is two pm already!
So I had a few positive experiences about how waking up early could change my life into better. But life doesn't always go the way you planned and I realized this as my son started to sleep very poorly through his nights. As a result of this, I didn't care about being productive. All I wanted to do was to sleep. So I forgot these good experiences about waking up early. Until last fall I heard about the Hal Elrod's The Miracle Morning * book. This idea -waking up excited every day was the reason I chose to read this book. After reading this book I became convinced why I should start waking up early again. I wanted to start my day with a positive mind and to have great mornings because I have noticed that this will determine how you feel throughout your day.
Here are a few benefits of getting up early in the morning according to the book:
- How you wake up each day and your morning routine dramatically affects your levels of success in every area of your life. Focused, productive, successful mornings generate focused, productive, successful days which will create a successful life.
- Wake up every day with more energy and empowered with the structure and strategy to start maximizing your potential.
- Lower your stress.
- Improve your overall health, lose weight and get in the best physical shape of your life.
- Increase your productivity.
- Experience more gratitude and less worry.
- Uncover and begin living your life's purpose.
Nowadays I get up quite early in the morning. Usually at six although my work starts at eight. The reasons why I do this are obvious: I want to be more productive in my days and want to start my day on the right foot. Therefore, there is no turning back for me anymore. Wouldn't give up this feeling or my own quiet time in the mornings ever!
Are you already convinced? My next post will be about how to become a morning person. I will give you tips how to start waking up earlier. If I could do it, you can do it 💗
In the meanwhile I truly recommend this book for you.
"The biggest thing in holding people from achieving the success they want is finding the time and motivation to do what they know. The Miracle Morning gives you the time and motivation you need to create the success you want, no matter how busy you are."
"You´ve got to wake up every morning with determination if you´re going to go to bed with satisfaction."
Have amazing mornings,