I had a really tough week the other week. It came to me as a surprise how tough it actually was.. I was busy at work (no time for drinking tea or sitting on a break 😅) and after work I had errands and schedules every day. Besides this I was solo parenting a lot, which puts my son in a weird mood. This is not how I usually live my life because I try to plan my weeks so that I have time to just relax after work and literally just be at home. When you are busy at work, it helps, if you know that by the time you get home, you are not busy anymore and you don´t need to rush anywhere.. When I had this busy week I was wondering that do young couples with kids live like this every week? Anyway, as I was having this crazy week, I figured I could write about tips how to relax on a days like these when you don't have a lot of time to relax..
Here are my tips:
- Go to a sauna or have a warm bath. Sauna always makes me feel relaxed and sleepy.
- Swim in a lake (cold water will make you feel so refreshed!)
- Take a short walk and listen to affirmations. My favourite affirmation is Josie Ong´s Affirmation Podcast on Spotify. I love her soothing voice!
- Light up a candle and stretch. This is my favorite thing to do in the evenings. You can read more from my evening routines in here.
- Do Ying Yoga or other slow pace Yoga. By doing Yoga you will pay more attention to your breathing so it will automatically calm you down.
- Snuggle up in a couch and read a good book. I love reading. I read about a study which indicated that after 5 minutes of reading your heart rate and blood pressure will drop tremendously.
- Lie down for a few minutes, close your eyes and take deep breaths.
- Enjoy a cup of warm, herbal tea. I love Skin Detox Tea, Bedtime Tea and Stress Relief.
I hope you found my tips helpful. What are your tips when you are super busy and need to chill down a bit?
Until next time,
Follow me on Instagram
Previous post: Heal Yourself with Herbs and Spices